1. bring back to the point of departure
(synonym) return, bring back
(hypernym) bring, convey, take
2. regain possession of something
3. resume a relationship with someone after an interruption, as in a wife taking back her husband
4. move text to the previous line; in printing
(hypernym) move, displace
5. take back what one has said; "He swallowed his words"
(synonym) swallow, unsay, withdraw
(hypernym) renounce, repudiate
6. cause someone to remember the past; "This photo takes me back to the good old days"