1. any movable possession (especially articles of clothing); "she packed her things and left"
(hypernym) property, belongings, holding, material possession
1. a special situation; "this thing has got to end"; "it is a remarkable thing"
(hypernym) situation, state of affairs
2. an action; "how could you do such a thing?"
3. an artifact; "how does this thing work?"
(hypernym) artifact, artefact
4. an event; "a funny thing happened on the way to the..."
(hypernym) happening, occurrence, natural event
5. a statement regarded as an object; "to say the same thing in other terms"; "how can you say such a thing?"
6. any attribute or quality considered as having its own existence; "the thing I like about her is ..."
7. a special abstraction; "a thing of the spirit"; "things of the heart"
(hypernym) abstraction, abstract
8. a vaguely specified concern; "several matters to attend to"; "it is none of your affair"; "things are going well"
(synonym) matter, affair
9. an entity that is not named specifically; "I couldn't tell what the thing was"
10. a special objective; "the thing is to stay in bounds"
(hypernym) aim, object, objective, target
11. a persistent illogical feeling of desire or aversion; "he has a thing about seafood"; "she has a thing about him"
12. a separate and self-contained entity